On Friday, after Stephanie and the kids went home, the rest of us went along with my dad on a few of his appraisals for work, went to see the Tippecanoe battlefield, and ate at Olive Garden! I went online and found the history and details of the battle, and began to read it to my family when we got to the battlefield, thoroughly enjoying all that I was learning. They did not appreciate my love of history too much, and soon let me know that they had learned everything they wanted to about the battle for one afternoon!! We enjoyed walking around the battlefield, as well as a pretty little river that ran along side.
Lorena, Mary, and Lorelynn near the river.
Mom and Dad
Tyler and I enjoying the river
In front of the battlefield
My little sister and I (who is not so little anymore)
We are standing in front of a monument erected to the men who fought.
These two pictures are proof of what being in a car all day, traveling through farm country, will do to you!!
Ha! I can see you boring your family to death on the battlefield:) Love you Mary! ...and your family.
ReplyDelete