This is a snapshot of a very small portion of the beautiful Badlands. It is so neat to see something that was carved out in this way by the Flood.
Of course I have to have a picture of my wonderful husband and I!!
This is the whole group: Lorelynn, Lorena, Mary, Tyler, Dad, Mom, and Grandma.
While we were hiking around a little (as much as we were allowed to) we saw a couple of different places where there were mountain goats.
You really have to look to see these mountain goats-they blend in with the scenery.
Lorelynn was able to receive a call from David, who is in Afghanistan, even in the middle of the Badlands!
When I see Lorena, I still cannot believe that she is 18 years old and only has a year of high school left. Sometimes I think she should still be my little 5 year old sister that we all had so much fun playing with! It was great to have her out here, and several people in my church said they want her to move out here!!!!
After being in the VERY hot Badlands, we drove to Spearfish Canyon, which was a complete opposite of the desert place we had just been in. There were beautiful waterfalls, and everything was so alive and green!
This is called "Bridal Veil Fall". I have only ever seen it from the road, but this time we decided to hike a little and get closer to eat. We had to wade through some VERY cold water and do a little climbing, but is was worth the work when we got there.
| Another picture of Tyler and I. This is quite an accomplishment, since we are not picture people!! |
| Dad and Lorena |
We had to make our way through this creek to get to the waterfall.
When we got done with all of our fun, and had gotten back to the main road, we saw this sign a little ways down from where we had started our little excursion!
This is a picture of the BEST mother in the world! She is standing in front of another waterfall that we went to, called "Roughlock Fall".
Grandma and three of her granddaughters
This is where we took our engagement pictures, so it was fun to go back and take pictures after we were married. I am not sure if the sun was shining weird on my hair, or if it really was that frizzy by the end of the day!
A picture of Roughlock Fall
Thanks for posting all these pictures, Mary!! Miss you!
ReplyDelete