We finally got the time on Saturday to go up into the beautiful Black Hills and pick out our very own Christmas Tree! It is quite wonderful to pay just 10 dollars and have miles and miles of hills to choose a tree from. There are thousands of trees, and you have your choice of any one of them, as long as it is not taller than 20 feet! We decided to leave Nehemiah with our friend Rachel, since we did not think he would really appreciate being carted around the forest in the very cold weather. It was kind of funny because the very first tree I saw when I stepped out of the truck was "the perfect tree" in my mind! It was tall, and full. Since the trees in the hills are obviously not cultivated in special tree farms, etc. it is sometimes hard to find a tree that is nice and full. Just for good measure, we walked around the forest for about 20 minutes, to make sure that there was not another good tree out there. No matter how many trees I saw, though, I kept going back to that first tree, so finally we cut it down and took it home with us!! It is all decorated now, and I think Nehemiah is still not quite sure what to do with it!

A self-portrait...I look like an Eskimo!!
Tyler carrying our beautiful tree!
Tyler's Dad was kind enough to take our picture...by this point we were VERY COLD!!
The finished product...not the best picture, but it will have to do!!
Since Nehemiah is REALLY what everyone that reads this blog cares about:), I will put a couple pictures of him...
His favorite toys right now are plastic kitchen utensils
They often end up in his mouth...he likes to try out his two little, VERY SHARP teeth!
No comments:
Post a Comment