Our life has not been too exciting lately, but I thought that since I actually had some time, I would update you all on what is going on in our humble little lives! These little chunks of time that I get are not very often, so I take advantage of them when I get them!
This last week at school has been spent in preparation for A.C.E. Regional Student Convention in St. Cloud, Minnesota, for which we will be leaving on Tuesday. By we I mean: Pastor and Mrs. Williams, Dad and Mom Brock, and Tyler and myself. It is for the kids in our school that are ages 13 and older, so it does not directly affect me, but it does indirectly affect me since Tyler is very involved with it all. The kids have spent a very busy week practicing and perfecting anything that they are going to compete in. There are a wide range of competitions, such as: art, speaking, music, athletics, and others I cannot think of. We have discovered some talents in our teens that we did not know they had before! It should be a fun 5 days that we spend there, although I am sure we will be tired when we get home.
Tyler's birthday is coming up on the 21st of April, which will be the day that we are travelling home. I have been saving my pennies from my allowance to get him a gift that I have been wanting to get him. After I bought it, I discovered that I had some extra money left in my little savings, so we went to eat lunch at Sonic today, which was very yummy. It is one of those places where you drive up and they bring the food to you in the car. Tyler had a Chicago style hot dog--I thought it was amusing to have one of those in the wild west of South Dakota, but it looked pretty good. We also got a Strawberry Limeade, and finished it off with Strawberry malts. Tyler thoroughly enjoyed himself, since he has been keeping a strict diet, and this was his day off to eat whatever he wanted.
Speaking of his diet, it has been an experience for me, since I have had to completely change my menu plan. He has been on the Eating for Life plan, and so far has lost 8 pounds!! I am very excited for him. It is good for me, too, since it is a much healthier way of eating. What we have both enjoyed about it is that the food is very yummy, yet good for you. Well, all the meals have been good, except for the tuna casserole which I WILL NOT make again. First of all, Tyler did not really like it that much, and second, the tuna made my kitchen stink!! Our favorite so far has been the chicken enchiladas--they are amazing! He also has been very faithful with working out, which has benefited me because it keeps me working out, although definitely not 6 days a week as he does!
As far as I am concerned, I am almost 32 weeks along with little Boy Brock. We still have not decided on a name for him, but he will have one when he is born, don't worry! For anyone that is interested, he is about the size of a pineapple right now, according to statistics. He is nearing 4 pounds! I cannot believe that, because it seems like he was just the size of a peanut. I am beginning to get less sleep at night as it gets increasingly difficult to be completely comfortable. Today was my day off, and I was looking forward to sleeping in, but there was no such luck! At 5:30 a.m. I was wide awake, and there was no way I was going to be able to fall back asleep. Of course after I had been up for 2 hours doing things, I suddenly was extremely tired again...I guess nothing is predictable when you are expecting! My school kids and I were talking about the fact that our baby was going to be a boy. My little kindergartner, who is one of 5 boys in his family said, "That's good, because we need more boys in Rapid City!" I thought that was pretty funny. He's not very outspoken, but when he does say something, it is always interesting to hear what he says.
I cannot believe that after we return from our trip there will only be 5 weeks of school left. That is exciting and a little stressful at the same time. My class always puts on a program for the parents, church members, etc. at the end of school and I still have A LOT to do to get them ready for that. I definitely will have a very busy 5 weeks! I always have the great reward of summer break to look forward to!
Our van ministry is also going well! We had 27 come out on Easter Sunday, including some parents, which was a big blessing. This Sunday we are going to have a candy scramble for the kids, so Tyler and I went out to get everything for that today. When we got back to the church to put everything away, we realized that we got more than we thought! Oh well, the kids will enjoy it!
The Lord continues to bless us, and we are very thankful for that! Since there is nothing else that I can think of, I will close for now!
To Elevate the Soul
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment