Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Family Vacation 2012

 I had to put a picture of Nehemiah in his car seat.  The poor little fella' spent many hours in this position.  We traveled from South Dakota to Indiana, which took 16 hours, and from Indiana to Pennsylvania, which took 11 hours.  He really started to like that little "jitterbug" toy that was always in front of his face! (By the way...the little white thing behind his head is not Dumbo ears, as my brother called it, but a nice little pillow to keep his head straight, which my chiropractor gave me.)

 Once we got to my grandparents' house in Pennsylvania, Grandma pulled out this old baby seat that she had.  Nehemiah loved it and spent a lot of time in it, bouncing up and down.

 He loved talking to Great-grandma!

 I am sure Lorena will be so excited that I put this picture on here!

 I think Nehemiah felt like a king in this bed:)

 One of the places we visited was the Gettysburg Battlefield

 Here we are at the Johnson Family Cabin.  It is a beautiful place, and I have memories there that go back to when I was about 3 years old.  My parents have pictures that go back even further. I think the first time I was there was when I was about 6 months old.  It was fun to be able to go with my son now!

It's always fun to have my goofy brother and his wife along!


 30 years ago my parents spent their honeymoon here!

 Family picture outside the cabin

 A day at the cabin would not be complete without a stop at "Twirly Tops"-- a wonderful ice cream place that was always a wonderful treat for us kids when we were little.

 Another day was spent at Hershey Park.  Thankfully Nehemiah slept most of the day in his stroller!

 I used to be a roller coaster person, but after a back injury I have had to stop riding them.  Lorena has never liked them, so here and I spent most of the day together on the nice little swings, the pirate ship, and other such rides! 

 Inside "Chocolate World" (mmmmmm...smells like yummy chocolate!)

 My cousin had her baby boy about a week before Nehemiah was born.  It was fun to get to see her, her husband, and the little guy!

 We were also able to spend some time with Dustin and Andrea, who are old friends from college, and there son Allen.

Just Relaxin' at Grandma's



We had such a wonderful time, and it was nice to get a break from work!  We took so many pictures, and it would take several posts to show them all, so I thought I would just choose a few.  Nehemiah did a great job on the trip, but now he seems to have flashbacks, because almost every time we get in the car he just screams and screams.  It was quite a trip for such a little guy! Now we are gearing up for school, which starts on September 4th.  We will try to post a little more often than we have been.  Goodbye for now!!

1 comment:

  1. When we saw Tyler yesterday, Mom asked me, "Where did he get the Hershey, PN tshirt?"....Now I know! That shows how much I know about where you guys were going...=)

    ReplyDelete