Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The things children say!

       I had something funny happen in my classroom a couple of days ago that I thought I would share with everyone...hopefully it will bring a smile to your face like it did to mine!  I actually wanted to laugh, but had to hold it in since I was in front of my students.
       During our morning Bible/devotion time we were talking about helping at home, doing our chores, being neat & clean, etc.  Some of the girls were complaining about having to do the dishes, clean their room, and other such chores.  I told them that now was a good time to learn how to work hard and do a good job with their chores because one day they would grow up and get married.  I then proceeded to say, "When you are a wife it will be up to you to make sure that your house is clean, dinner is cooked, the dishes are washed, and the laundry is done."  As soon as I finished, one of my little 2nd grade girls looked at me with a very puzzled face and said, "So what does the husband do?"   :)
       I made sure to explain to her that the husband did his own share of hard work all day long so that he could bring home money to pay for things!

----------------------
 
       As for a little update on our family, we are all doing great!  Nehemiah had his 4 month doctor visit today, and he was in the 95th percentile!  He weighs 17lbs. 9oz. and is 26 1/2in. long!  It is no wonder that mommy's back is always hurting!  He now loves to grab whatever he can and chew on it. He also loves his feet and hands!  Yesterday he was reclining at about a 45 degree angle and pulled himself to a completely upright position!  I could not believe it! We think he is teething....oh yay!  Well I guess this was really an update on Nehemiah, but who really cares about Tyler and I, right?:) 


No comments:

Post a Comment