As I go through life, my days are often peppered with what I would call my "Mary moments". They are crazy things that seem to happen only to me. I like to think it is just a coincidence, but I have a feeling that it is because I am a little ditzy.
Today I had one of those moments in the Wal-Mart parking lot, and I think my friends who know me well will appreciate it. I went to make some purchases for the church, and paid for them myself and was then going to be reimbursed by the church finance office.With that in mind I kept telling myself to make sure I returned with the receipt. I put the receipt into the front of the cart, with something heavy over it so that nothing would happen to it. Half-way through the parking lot, I picked up the very thing that was holding down my receipt without thinking. Of course, my receipt quickly "took wings" and began to fly away. Leaving cart and all, I began to frantically chase it through the parking lot. Hey, someone may run off with everything I had just bought, but at least my receipt would be safe...maybe!! As I chased it, I saw it take a dive under a van. I got down on my knees to try to get it, but it was too far for my reach. I quickly ran back to my car and pulled out the ice scraper. When I got back to the van (hoping that the owner of the van would not show up at that moment), I was able to successfully retrieve my receipt!! Victory at last!!!
Thankfully no one ran off with my cart of groceries, no one hit it with their car, or any other such disastrous thing that may have happened!! I am still wondering if anyone saw me (which is very probable in a busy Wal-Mart parking lot), and what they thought of the crazy girl in a skirt chasing a receipt.
To Elevate the Soul
8 years ago
Hahaha MARY!!!!!!! I got a good laugh reading this! Can totally see you doing that! :) Love ya!
ReplyDelete~Michelle