Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Update on the Last Month

     I know that Christmas was more than a month ago now, but I want to show a few of our Christmas pictures.  We had a wonderful Christmas.  It was especially fun since it was Nehemiah's first Christmas.  He, of course, had no clue what was going on, but it was still fun.  He was much more interested in eating the wrapping paper than anything else.  We spent the 22nd with Tyler's family doing our Christmas together.  The 23rd was our church's Christmas Cantata in the evening, and on the 24th we flew out for Indiana!  We had such a great time there!  It just seemed like we did not have enough time there!!!  I was not quite ready to get back to "real life", but time keeps moving on!

This picture makes me laugh...Nehemiah was not sure what to do with all the presents!
 

As I said before, he was only interested in playing with the paper and eating it.
 

Tyler's mom made Nehemiah a quilt...it was beautiful!
 

Opening a present from Great-grandpa and Great-grandma Johnson.
 

I tried to take a nice picture of Nehemiah in front of the Christmas tree, but as you can see I did not have much success!  He was too intrigued by the lights to look at the camera.  I also was worried that he might try to eat the lights!
 
Tyler got the blessing of carrying this chubby baby through the airports!  He was very good on the airplanes, which we were so thankful about! 
 
Reading the gun magazine with Uncle David
 
With Grandpa on Christmas morning 
 
Aunt Lorena had a grand time with him!!
 
When we got home from Indian, Nehemiah seemed to have a little cold.  After a few days it got a little scary because he was barely breathing, no matter what I tried to do to help him.  I had to take him to the doctor.  They gave him steroid shots to try to open up his airways, and also put him on a nebulizer.  Thankfully after about 3 days he started to get better!
 
A new development in Nehemiah's little world was the addition of "real food"!!  He LOVES to eat, and would eat all day long if I let him.  He gets so excited every time he sees me carrying him over to his high chair.  He gets very impatient when Tyler or I pray with him before its time to eat!  So far he has gotten to taste: bananas, carrots (his favorite), avocado (another favorite), peas, green beans (least favorite), apples, applesauce, cereal bars, rice cereal, cheerios, beef & barley soup, frosting, and ice cream.  Cheerios are his "comfort food".  No matter what is wrong, cheerios make him happy again:)!
 


First time eating carrots
 

"Bad Guy" Nehemiah
 

 Happy Nehemiah! 
This is how we like to see him!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment