(I will use initials to protect the innocent)
T.C.: "Mrs. Brock, I want to make a Valentine for my mommy!"
Me: "That would be wonderful. I think she would love it!"
T.C.: "Wait! Valentine's Day is already past. The next thing is Easter, so I better make her an Eastertine!"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
T.C. again (she likes to talk a lot): "Mrs. Brock, can you believe that I just had such a great idea for the game we're playing?!"
Me: "You did a great job thinking of that good idea!"
T.C. "I guess I'm just a good-idea-er!"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
L.J.: "Mrs. Brock, do you know where I got this pretty pencil from?"
Me: "No, where did it come from?"
L.J.: "It came ALL THE WAY FROM CHINA!!!!"
*She is finally becoming aware that many things in the United States are "Made in China".
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
E.C.: "May I please put my head band in my back pack?"
Me: "Sure! Go ahead."
E.C.: "Thank you. It's really been extracting me all morning!"
*I'm pretty sure that she meant it was distracting her:)
_________________________________________________________________________________
A couple of days ago we had our morning devotion about the difference between laying up earthly treasures and Heavenly treasures. I asked each of my kids to think of one way they would lay up an earthly treasure and one way they could lay up heavenly treasures. My little theologians came up with some good ones!
Earthly: Buy a new ipod, get a new video game, ask for a new toy, buy a new wii, play games with friends.
Heavenly: Tell your neighbor about Jesus, ask your friend to go to church with you, read your Bible, pray, give your money to Jesus
_________________________________________________________________________________
Periodically I like to ask my kids what they want to do with their lives once they get older. In a year I may get three different answers from the same person:). This week we had our little "when I grow up" conversation, and I think I heard some new ones that I have not yet heard!
1st grade girl: Mommy, teacher
2nd grade girl: Missionary, mommy
1st grade boy: Football player (this is the same little guy that wanted to be a piano player before...quite a change in plans there!)
2nd grade girl: Mommy, teacher, missionary
3rd grade girl: Missionary (yes, we do talk a lot about missionaries in my class)
4th grade boy: Firefighter, Pastor, Missionary
5th grade girl: Movie actor/director/producer
5th grade boy: Basketball player
5th grade girl: Police officer (this was a bit of a shocker to me!)
___________________________________________________________________________________As far as our family goes, we are all doing well! We are really looking forward to school being out soon!!! Nehemiah is growing so quickly! He can now say, "Mama", "Dada", "No no!", and "Ellah" (my niece's name). Last night, when he was supposed to be sleeping, we heard something strange in his room. We went in there and found him sitting up at the end of the crib, ripping up papers, and there were papers thrown all over the room. His crib is beside Tyler's desk, and he had figured out how to reach his chubby, little body far enough to grab the papers off of his desk. As he gets older, our lives are definitely getting more interesting!
That's my little "T.C"! :)
ReplyDelete