Thursday, April 14, 2011

Our Honeymoon

Well, after much deliberation, Mary & I decided on the destination for our Honeymoon! My first thought was possibly a cruise! But the LaBate Family went on a vacation to a place called "Tybee Island" near Savannah, Georgia. Just the name stirred our curiosity and in the end, we decided to go to Savannah, Georgia and stayed in a little cottage on Tybee Island.

Here we are on the Island!

Our little cottage with the rental car!
It was a neat cottage...there was a gate, which we had to go through in order to get the cottage.
The Cottage was about 10 feet from the beach and it was off-season, so there was practically no one on the beach!!

This is at a weird little shopping place. As Mary said, "It looked like it was run by hippies." We bought some hoodies for $40. By the way, when we bought these things and spent our money, I never once thought about how much I was spending!! Now, we are on a budget!! YEAH!!

On top of Fort Pulaski! What a beautiful young lady beside me!

 On top of Fort Jackson, which was the place where General Sherman ended his path of destruction across the South during the Civil War.

On top of the Tybee Lighthouse! Beautiful! 

 On the top of Tybee Lighthouse...you could see the perimeter of the whole Island. We walked up 175 stairs to get the top!

 At Five Guys! I love their double sized fries!

 At Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. We went to this restaurant and did not realize that the menu was "A la Carte", which means every entree is a separate cost. After having a steak, chicken, a side of broccoli, a baked potato, an appetizer, a salad and a bowl of soup, our bill was $130. That was expensive night to say the least! We just looked at each other and said, "It is our honeymoon!"

 This is our Tour Boat, which took us up and down the canal in Savannah, Georgia and told us about the history of Savannah, Georgia.

 On the Tour Boat!

 On a little "Skipper" boat on the Atlantic Ocean near the Island! We were on our way to "Little Tybee Island".

 Mary stealing a kiss!!! I love it!!

 A message in the sand...it was there when we got to the Island!! LOL!

 Another picture inside Fort Pulaski!

  A beautiful sun set on the beach! Goodbye honeymoon! (By the way, the temperature went from 70 when we stepped on the plan to NEGATIVE 7 when we stepped off the plan in S.D.! Welcome to S.D., Mary!!

When we got back from our Honeymoon, the church had filled our apartment with tons of food!! This is just a small portion of the food!! Praise the Lord!! What a blessing!!



5 comments:

  1. So glad that you two decided to start a blog and keep us informed! :) I am glad that you had a fun time on Tybee, it is an amazing place. It was good to hear from you, keep us posted.
    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! You are blogging! I'm glad you both had a good time in Tybee. Isn't it just beautiful! I look forward to reading your blog. And I'm proud to be your newest follower:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pics Mare :) That little island looks so cute and relaxing. I want to go but then I remembered it might not be that relaxing with 3 kids running around haha. Keep on writing!

    ~ your sister, Steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary!!!!!!!!!!!! I miss you so much!!! I am so glad to have this way to keep up with you two---happy-happy-happy:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Mare...Great blog...It was great to hear from you at last...Keep us posted on your new life with Tyler! Love ya girl

    ReplyDelete