Well, today, we went for our 20 week ultrasound! The best ultrasound out of the 9 months of pregnancy! Normally, I do not care about the wait in the doctor's office for the nurse to come, but today was a different (very different) story! There I sat in the waiting room like a little 2 year old waiting for his birthday! I was squirming, sighing, and thinking that the due date was going to come and go before the nurse quit stuffing her face in the back or using her gift of gab!
Well, finally, the nurse came and took us back! They weighed Mary (don't worry I know better than to tell her weight, especially on a blog for all the world to see)! She thinks that she looks fat, but guess what I think, she looks as beautiful as the first day I laid eyes on her!
Then the count down started! Not until my Birthday, not until Christmas, not until the new year, but until we would find out if our baby is a BOY or GIRL! Well, the nurse look around, measured a ton of things, printed about 6 foot of pictures for the doctor and then finally, she decided that she would try to find out if the baby was a BOY or GIRL!
Well, being a Brock baby and with Mary (Johnson) Brock being the mother, the baby was being a brat and very stubborn! The baby kept moving the wrong way and would not cooperate! The technician kept moving Mary's head up and down, moving her to her side and then finally, Baby "Brock" decided to let technician take a peek! In the words of the technician, "I am 98% sure that it is a BOY!
Of course, we were both very excited! Actually on the way to the appointment, I told Mary that I had a gut feeling that it was a girl, but obviously, you can see that I have problems with my gut! But I am not in any way disappointed! Praise the Lord! You never know the Lord might have others plan in mind, but I asked the technician about her success rate of being right with the gender! She said in the 6 years that she had been at that Doctor's Office that she could not remember being wrong! So only time will tell the truth! But at this point, the Brock household will be preparing for a boy! That is a MAN'S MAN...a tough boy...not a little pansy!!
As for our household, we are doing great! God has been blessing us beyond measure...more than we desire! We are praying right now about moving into a two bedroom apartment and dreading the move! Sorry for the delay in posting on our blog! Thank you again to our faithful readers! Until next, this is the "Rushmore Report"...reporting to you somewhat live from South Dakota!
To Elevate the Soul
8 years ago
Congratulations!!! A boy, how wonderful...
ReplyDeleteYay!!! :) Congrats...that is so exciting! I know, Mary already told me the great news...but nice to read your blog too!
ReplyDelete~Michelle