Monday, February 6, 2012

A Note from Mary

     Hello, everyone!  It seems that the last few posts have been written by Tyler for some reason or another.  Normally because by the end of the school day I don't really feel like doing anything other than going home and sitting in complete relaxation.  Of course that never happens, but a blog post is still the last thing on my list (especially since we don't have internet at home).  Today has been a quiet day for me, since 4 out of my 8 students were not in school, so I feel as if I have a little more energy.  I may even go home and do a good workout!!  Well, a good workout for a lady who is expecting, that is.  I tried to continue my aerobic walking, and Tyler had to put a stop to it since I was hurting pretty badly the next day!  Now I do my cute little exercises and walk to help me stay in shape.
     I really am just writing to put my two cents in about our life the last few weeks.  I know Tyler has already posted the exciting details about us finding out that were are having a boy.  While I was waiting for the ultrasound technician to measure the head, heart, kidneys, feet, hands, and on and on, I almost started crying!  I said to myself, "Mary, now why in the world are you getting ready to cry?  Why do you have tears in your eyes?"  I guess it is just because I got sentimental thinking about the fact that I really, truly am going to be a mother!  I think I was also a little frustrated that it was taking her so long to tell us if the baby was a boy or a girl!  Oh well!  I have had many sentimental moments since I found out I was going to have a baby!  At times I have no idea why in the world I am crying.  Tyler has gotten used to that!
     A week from Saturday we will be celebrating our 1st anniversary.   I cannot believe that!!!  There are some days that I still feel like I should be in 7th grade!  I think there are some days when the people around me also think I should be in 7th grade!  I have realized that if I am going to be a mother I have got to start acting a little more "put together".  Just when I think I am getting over being a ditz, I have another "Mary Moment" as I like to call them.
     Another matter of importance to mention is that we are now almost half-way through the 3rd quarter of school!  I cannot believe how quickly the time has gone by.  I am certainly looking forward to May!  My kids are sad that we will not still be in school when the baby is born, but I assured them that they would be able to see him on the first day of school!  All but two of them voted for a girl, but I think they survived when I told them that it was going to be a boy!  My 3rd grade boy still pipes up once in a while and says, "Mrs. Brock,  I think your belly is getting bigger". I just have to smile every time he says that!  I certainly am at the point where no one can mistake that I am expecting.
    Now that I have rambled on about nothing, I will close out this little "note".  I think the reason Tyler does not allow me to post is because I cannot follow one train of thought. At least when I do post, everyone knows that it was me, and not Tyler, the man with the organized brain.  So long for now!

1 comment:

  1. Mary, I am cracking up at your comment about not following one train of thought hahaha!!!

    On another note, I am so happy for you and Tyler. You will both be great parents, I just know it :) I still remember when you were a baby, Mare......my how time flies. I get like you do almost on a weekly basis when I notice how much the kids are growing. Enjoye your pregnancy!

    Love,

    Steph

    ReplyDelete