Thursday, May 3, 2012

Sheddin' the Pounds!

                About a month ago, I decided to start yet another diet! I know! You have heard so many different people saying that they are going to start a diet, but this is not just any diet! It actually is not a diet! It's eating the foods that God intended for us to eat! (Of course, I am not saying that a little sweets here and there are forbidden by God, but God intends us to take care of our bodies!)
  This diet is called "Eating for Life"! The name sums the diet up in a nut shell! 
(For my "Fairhaven Fans", many of you probably are familiar with this diet!)
Eating For Life
             This all came from the fact that we are going to have a baby very, very soon! (about 6 short weeks! Trust me, I am not excited at all! HAHA LOL!) Especially, when I heard that we were going to have a boy, I began to think about what kind of dad that our boy would like to have! After the Lord convicted me about the way that I had been eating, I decided to start this "diet"!
              At first, it was very hard, because my body had been accustomed to eating large amounts of food or pretty much whatever it wanted! Then all of sudden, it was only eating certain portions of food and only certain kinds of food! But over time, I began to realize that this diet made me feel good and energized!
              The food that I am able to eat is not nasty or packaged food. It is normal food! The claim to fame and success of this diet is: THE RIGHT FOOD, THE RIGHT AMOUNTS, THE RIGHT TIME & THE RIGHT COMBINATIONS! My favorite meal of the meals that I have had so far is the Chicken Enchiladas! They are delicious! And guess what, my portion size is 3 Enchiladas! AMEN!
               Of course with every diet, there is a period of time that you are able to eat something different than the diet food! In this diet, it gives you one day of your choice to eat whatever you feel like eating! No joke! Well, the first day off came around! I woke up and had a desire for some pancakes or french toast! So my wonderful, beautiful wife made me some delicious french toast and a big glass of milk! Well, as the day went on, my desire of eating whatever I wanted soon decreased, because I felt full and nasty!
                Soon, I found the difference between eating right and eating whatever my pea pickin' heart desired all the time! The climax of my "day off" experiences was this last Friday! I woke up again with a craving for some french toast and again my beautiful wife fixed them for me! Then we decided to go to Chiles for lunch! I had a Chicken sandwich, fries, probably 4 glasses of Strawberry Lemonade (the all-time best!) and a Brownie delight, which is a warm, gooey brownie with ice cream on top! Am I making you hungry yet? Needless to say, after eating all of that, I felt so full and sick! When we were ready to go, I could hardly walk! Then to top it off, later that night, I went to Applebees with some guys since my wife was having Ladies' Bible Study at our home and I definitely was not going to stay around for that! WOW!
                 In the last month or so, I have lost 15 POUNDS! PRAISE THE LORD! By His grace, I am going to continue to "eat for life"!

FOR MORE INFORMATION, GO TO: http://www.transformation.com
(Also, just a tip, go onto EBAY and look for the "Eating for Life" Book. In the store, they are $35!)

1 comment:

  1. Good job Tyler! I know how much hard work one must put in to lose weight. Keep it up! :)

    Steph

    ReplyDelete