Earlier this week I had a short conversation with my little 1st grade girl that made me smile and then laugh. I thought I would share it, since I have not posted too much about my class lately. This little girl is a little sweetie, and makes me smile often. I was sharpening her pencil and she was just standing there looking at me, when suddenly she piped up...
Student: Mrs. Bwock, you look pwegnant.
Me: Yes, remember we have been talking about it for the last few months? I have a baby in my tummy and right after school gets out he is going to be born.
Student: Oh, so does that me you will be mawwied soon?
Me: No, that means I AM married. Remember, Mr. Brock, the teacher downstairs is my husband.
Student: Oh, yes...does that mean you have a job?
Me: What do you think I do here every day?
She stood there for a second and then said a long "Oooooooh!" I could tell that suddenly the light bulb had come on! I am not exactly sure what she thought has been going on the last few months, but I am glad that we finally established in her mind that I am going to have a baby, I am married, and I DO have a job!
To Elevate the Soul
8 years ago
What a sweet story, Mare. Sounds kind of like what David said when he found out you were pregnant :) Love ya,
ReplyDeleteSteph