Expecting a child is definitely a unique experience. I am finding that out more and more as I progress in my pregnancy. My experiences have been: fun, not so fun, emotional, scarey, thought-provoking, funny, exciting, and many more!
At the beginning, I went through the normal morning sickness. I always wondered why they call it that, since it happened at all times of the day. It was not a very nice time, although I thankfully did not throw up very much--I always just felt as if I was going to! We tried to keep it a secret, but there were too many ladies in the church who could tell what my problem was before I had even passed the 8 week mark! I guess one big clue was the night in church when I was sitting way up front and suddenly had to run out for what seemed like no reason.
After I passed the "always sick" stage, I moved into the "feeling great, but only looking chubby, not pregnant" stage. This was an ok stage, except for the "chubby" part. Only half of my clothes fit me, but maternity clothes for the most part did not look right on me either. At this point my emotions were also on a roller-coaster, which did not help matters any. I would look at myself in the mirror in the morning and just want to start crying. This was the time when I had most of my cravings, although none of them were really that weird. I always craved things that were very, very spicy!!! If I could have had Boneless Buffalo Wings every day I would have been happy. Tyler made many runs to our only little Mexican store here in town to get me my favorite hot chips. Yummy!!!! One day when I was in the store, I had to explain to the nice little man behind the counter why I suddenly had such a big obsession with one kind of chips in his store.
I finally got to the stage that was nice, or at least I think it was. The "I feel great, AND look pregnant" stage. I felt confident when I was at the store that people would say, "Oh how nice, that lady is expecting", rather than thinking I just needed to lose a few pounds. My cravings went away for the most part, although I still love to eat spicy food! At this point I had to be more careful to not eat, smell, or be around certain foods. Sometimes just the thought of something would make me sick!
I am now in the stage where things are beginning to get a little more difficult. I am trying to walk faithfully, but it seems as if every time I go to walk on the treadmill I get slower and slower! Climbing up one flight of stairs now leaves me breathless. It is getting increasingly difficult to put on my own shoes and socks. On some mornings, when I do not have the energy to fight and wrestle with shoes and socks, I sit down and happily allow Tyler to put them on for me!! Another problem that I have, which I am not used to, is being hot all the time. I am normally always very cold...ask anyone that knows me real well. That has all changed! There are some days when I have to leave my classroom and just go stand out in the cold for a minute so that I don't feel like I am burning alive in my room. Bending over and getting out of bed every morning are also getting increasingly difficult!
Through it all, I have to say that I would not change anything! Every day I am amazed anew at the miracle of life that God is working in me. Just yesterday I told Tyler, "Isn't it weird to think that there is actually a baby growing inside of me?" My poor husband...I don't think he ever ceases to be amazed at the things that I say! I am so thankful for this little boy that will in 15 weeks enter our lives!
To Elevate the Soul
8 years ago
Congratulation to the both of you! :) So happy for you.
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute post, Mare. I also craved spicy foods, as well as sour foods. Pepinos con limon, chilaquiles, pozole, etc. :) You look absolutely adorable though, and I remember that stage as well where you just look plain chubby. You will feel like a million bucks after you have the baby though.......I always felt like I was SO skinny. About the emotions.......let me tell you this: I have never been the same after having kids haha! I still bawl at the drop of a hat, or have moments when I laugh for no good reason, or moments when I'm angry for who knows what (all this within a 10 minute span lol) Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy! I can't wait to see pictures of the little dude :)
ReplyDelete