Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

      We hope that you, your family and/or your spouse will have a great Valentine's Day! Of course, my wife deserves everything that she gets! In December, of course, it was Christmas; on January 16th, it was Mary's Birthday; today, February 14th, it is Valentine's Day and finally on February 18th, it will be our 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY! (I know for all you "old fogies" that being married 1 year is not too great, but too Mary & I it is a great milestone! HAHA LOL!) Needless to say, Mary gets a wealth of presents during this time, but again she is worth every one of them & more!
      On Friday Night, February 10th, our church hosted their annual "Sweetheart Banquet"! It was a great time with lots of laughs, clean fellowship & fun! We had a great Steak dinner with asparagus (of which, I am not too fond, but I ate it anyway), a "Love Language" quiz (there is a book entitled, "5 Love Languages"; it is a very good book!), "Oldie Weds vs. Newly Weds." game, which was very fun! (We were one point away from winning!)
      Then we had a wonderful message from our Missionary to Papua New Guinea, Wil Muldoon and his wife, Trina! By the way, they are new missionaries, but he has been a pastor of a church for several years! They are so zealous to serve the Lord as missionaries! They are in their 50's or 60's and I believe that they put many young missionaries to shame with their zeal! Praise the Lord for Godly, zealous missionaries! Bro. Muldoon preached on "Three Obstacles to Cast Out in order to Have a Successful Marriage" I will list the brief outline below:

           I. CAST OUT THE FLESH (Die to Self)
           II. CAST OUT HIS/HER FAULTS (Forgive)
           III. CAST OUT FEAR (Make decision for your wife that won't cause fear!)

       Of course there are many more things that one must remember to have a successful marriage, but I believe these are 3 very important things! A couple of things that God used to work on my heart during the message was a saying that Bro. Muldoon quoted many times throughout the sermon: "I choose my love (God's Will) then I have to love my choice!" Also he used an illustration of a thermostat & thermometer. He said "Husband, you are the thermostat and your wife is the thermometer! We, as husbands, set the temperature for our home!" Amen, but sometimes very hard to swallow!
        I am thankful to God for the Godly men that are used to bring important, needed messages! I know that it was a needed message for me, especially as I will be training a son, very soon! I have posted some pictures from the Banquet! Enjoy!

 Some of our good friends: (L to R) Ken & Leila Cronin, Mary & Tyler, Jeff & Lisa Russ
 One of Mary's good friends; this lady & her husband headed up the Banquet, Grace A.
 Of course, the Brocks! (And yes, I have gained some weight, but I am getting back on my diet & workout!)

         In our personal life, the Brock's are doing well! We are getting very excited about our new little baby SON, but praying fervently for the Lord to give us wisdom & strength to raise a Godly, strong MAN! Please pray with & for us as we begin parenthood! Our son is doing very good! The doc's report is good and he has a full time job of kicking in mama's stomach! 
         The Lord blessed us with a two bedroom apartment in the same complex where we live now and we will be moving in on April 1st! There is not too much else going on in our lives! Again, we hope that you enjoy your Valentine's Day and until next time, this is "Rushmore Report"!
    

1 comment:

  1. You guys look great! Mare, I LOVE your cute belly! Wish I could see you in person :)

    Love,

    Steph

    ReplyDelete